Sign in to follow this  
AA

Inaka Teppanyaki Restaurant

Looks like this place will be going in at the old Matt's Rancho on Central Expressway.  Not much information except for an announcement on Nosoo Hibachi & Sushi's Facebook page who are apparently the same owners.  I'm taking for granted it would be about the same concept.  

Same reason El Pollo Loco is going to open 2 doors down from Chick-fil-A and 4 doors down from Raising Canes, lol

Well, that is a different style of chicken. I’d be more concerned if they were planning on opening next door to Pollo Tropical.

Well, that is a different style of chicken. I’d be more concerned if they were planning on opening next door to Pollo Tropical.

The point is they are the same company. All the other examples are competitors.

I know, I was just being a smart ass ;)  I thought the same thing about another location so close

How about 2 7-Eleven's right across the street on McDermott and 75? I guess it matters to some depending on the direction they are driving, or which brand of gas they prefer.  :rolleyes:

I have only been to Nosoo once for lunch, so I don't know how well they do during dinner. I wonder if they will just relocate over once the new place is ready, and then close Nosoo. If they decide to keep both, then good luck to them. They are the only one in Allen now that Hibachi Rock is gone, but there are plenty of competitions outside of the city.

I still remember that when my family used to walk around VoF in the evenings, we saw that hibachi restaurant taking forever to build (right across from where Cane Rosso is) then before I blinked my eyes, they were out of business. But then it might just be VoF.

18 hours ago, hollowel said:

Rumor has it the Tilted Kilt Pub bought the place and will be opening in there.

Had to Google what that is.  That would be.... interesting.  And definitely something Allen does not have.  Where did you hear that from?

Except the Tilted Kilt in Frisco (was next to I-Fly) lasted less than 6 months.  Same for the Webster store, near NASA.  Prices to high, quality to low, and maybe just too much competition in Texas for this franchise.

I'm not even sure the city would allow it.  I'm guessing there is a reason that we have not gotten a Hooters or Twin Peaks yet when all the surrounding cities have  

5 hours ago, AA said:

Had to Google what that is.  That would be.... interesting.  And definitely something Allen does not have.  Where did you hear that from?

I was told about Tilted Kilt by someone who worked for Inaka. The Tilted Kilt in Frisco was horrible so I'm not overly excited about it.

I told my wife when Inaka opened it would last 6 months. The best eye test is driving by on a Friday or Sat night around 7pm. If the parking lot is 50% full, it wont make it.

Tilted Kilt will be the same fate. It needs steady traffic during the week and in Allen you wont get that. Plus it reminds me of Henderson Tap House in McKinney(another place that wont last long). The menu was $15-$30 for entrees and my beer was $8. This isnt uptown or downtown. People wont pay that in the burbs for a burger and fries