Sign in to follow this  
TC2112

CVS Receipts

If you shop at CVS, and if you are a member of their card/club/rewards program, you can now choose to receive electronic receipts delivered via email.  No more 3 foot long receipts for a pack of gum.

And interestingly enough, you can thank Jimmy Kimmel for getting the ball rolling on this.  He made fun of them on a show last year for having the longest receipt, and it pushed them to make the change.

Why would you need to keep a receipt for something from CVS?

Well, not really the point of my post, but it allows me to correctly enter the purchase in my accounting software once I'm home so I can reconcile my financial statement.  Additionally, the product I'm purchasing could be defective, or I could change my mind, and having the receipt would allow me to exchange or return the product.  

You guys must do much more extreme shopping at CVS than I do.  If I ever stop there it is just to get milk, TP, medicine, bath products, etc.  Nothing I would ever consider needing a receipt for.  I actually get irritated when places ask me to email a receipt.  I like how Lowe's and Kroger does it, everything I buy is saved on their rewards cards, no need for a receipt ever.  To each their own though 

I agree that most small items at CVS don't really need to keep a receipt, but CVS's long receipts are usually coupons and advertising, which is why they are a few feet long each time.

I do like email receipts though. I just create a folder in my email account for receipts. Now I don't have a handbag full of receipts. Last year I got annoyed with the sales people at Fairview Dillard's because they automatically assumed that I didn't want email receipts and pressed their buttons to skip the email option. I finally started asking one sales guy to return all my purchase and ring them up again so I would get an email receipt. Now I have to ask them ahead of time and they look at me funny like "yeah the screen will ask you in a minute", but "no your people have messed up before".