Sign in to follow this  
gma3

Collin creek mall

I was at Collin Creek Mall yesterday and is so sad to see all of the stores that have closed.  i know the company that owns Collin Creek and Vista Ridge are in trouble but have been hoping that there would be a rebirth of some sort. 

I was at Collin Creek Mall yesterday and is so sad to see all of the stores that have closed.  i know the company that owns Collin Creek and Vista Ridge are in trouble but have been hoping that there would be a rebirth of some sort. 

Recently found out that Collin Creek Mall is owned by a bank … has been since last year. Developers must’ve gone broke.

Brick and mortar stores are suffering all over.  Collin Creek more so than most.  When it closes - and it is only a matter of time - there will be a large eyesore which may take some time to redevelop.  Although the old Prestonwood Mall  managed to pull it off.  Close the mall, tear it down, and redevelop.  I suspect that is a more sought after tract than CCM.

I still get my nails done at CCM.  Only time I go there.  Never any trouble parking :(

I worked at Collin Creek Mall at the JCPenney store back in the late 80's. It was definitely a different atmosphere then. I still like to go to that JCP store occasionally since they seem to have more selection than the one in Fairview. 

Collin Creek Macy's is on the list of closing stores this year. Once the anchor stores start going nothing is going to save it

Brick and mortar stores are suffering all over.  Collin Creek more so than most.  When it closes - and it is only a matter of time - there will be a large eyesore which may take some time to redevelop.  Although the old Prestonwood Mall  managed to pull it off.  Close the mall, tear it down, and redevelop.  I suspect that is a more sought after tract than CCM.

I still get my nails done at CCM.  Only time I go there.  Never any trouble parking :(

There are already plans for the area. Something similar to our own Watters Creek. With the closure of Macy’s, it’s only a matter of time.

A perfect place for the new Amazon Headquarters! 

Richardson Square Mall had a long run as well.  Now there's Target and Lowes - Sears hanging on by a thread.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of Collin Creek Mall.  I doubt it will become an eyesore - cities usually keep a pretty good watch on places that are at the end of their use.  I would be surprised if discussions aren't already taking place for what comes next.