Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Texas Revolution Moving To Frisco

I just saw this.  I wonder why?  Cost of the arena?  Has attendance gone up in the years in Allen?  I've only gone to one game and that was their first year and the attendance was laughable.  Wasn't sure they would be around for the 2nd season 

The Texas Revolution have one of, or maybe even the highest, attendance of any team in the league.

The owner (Tommy) called me after I blasted them on Facebook. He explained it was the city of Allen and the Allen Event Center that caused the move. They (Texas Revolution) were treated horribly by both entities. I won't go into any details but I am on board with the move now. He invited me up anytime, except this Wednesday to look at where my new seats will be.  

Doesn't the city's Parks and Recreation Dept run the Event Center?  Whoever, its pretty sad were losing a tenant.  There's hardly ever any events anymore, the calendar is basically a gun show and Hockey.  With Irving's Music Factory opening and a remodeled NYTEX in N Richland Hills its getting more competitive than ever.  The Allen Event Center will be our expensive white elephant  if we don't compete.  God forbid if they run the Allen Americans (or is it North Texas American's now?) out of town.

.  God forbid if they run the Allen Americans (or is it North Texas American's now?) out of town.

I wonder if that's why they were looking to get "Allen" out of their name....so they could move?

Doesn't the city's Parks and Recreation Dept run the Event Center?  Whoever, its pretty sad were losing a tenant.  There's hardly ever any events anymore, the calendar is basically a gun show and Hockey.  With Irving's Music Factory opening and a remodeled NYTEX in N Richland Hills its getting more competitive than ever.  The Allen Event Center will be our expensive white elephant  if we don't compete.  God forbid if they run the Allen Americans (or is it North Texas American's now?) out of town.

The Star in Frisco has also begun hosting concerts as has the new Lava Cantina in The Colony.