Sign in to follow this  
EnjoyingLife

Enough with the chains...

How many chain restaurants does it take for the City of Allen to realize we have enough already!  Especially fast food places that specialize in chicken/chicken fingers!

We have a Canes now we're about to have a Layne's moving in where Pollo Tropical failed.  I can go on with the names of chain chicken places.  

Everywhere you turn is some fast food chain restaurant.  How many more Taco Bells can one town have???  Maybe no one has really given this any thought or isn't that big of a deal.  Maybe it's just me but why not something unique?  How about what's considered trendy vs another Chic-fil-A or Wendys?  Has anyone been to the Legacy Food Hall? 

Oh well...my wife and I will continue driving into Plano and Frisco spending our money there.    

Fairview got the Paula Deen place and the developers of the SW corner of Stacy & 75 that was just approved already said they have tenants of "new concept restaurants" to bring in.  There will also be the mixed use urban area going in at Alma & 121, Custer & 121, Watters & 121 and 75 & 121 that are all showing restaurant pads.  And usually the urban style developments don't want large chains, instead they want smaller, sometimes local chains or even brand new concepts. 

Side note, I also noticed that the "for lease" signs have been taken down from the old Logan's building.  That will likely be a chain due to location but just saying   

1 hour ago, ammojohn said:

Old Logan's Roadhouse in VOA, or old Texas Land & Cattle in Fairview side?

Oh yeah, Logans, not Texas Roadhouse, lol.  Post edited, thanks 

There are some good non-chains/small chain restaurants in town like Roman Cucina. Each time we have gone there we have enjoyed the food; they have some good sized portions on top of that!

Ultimately, Allen is a chain town, but there are some locally owned places if you look.

We love both Roman Cucina and La Finca. Yes there are a lot of chains, but there are also lots of small places. They aren't in the big shopping centers, so you just have to look.