Sign in to follow this  
rich75904

Chepa's Mexican Grill

This place just opened a couple weeks ago, and we were excited to go try it out.  Well we were let down by the quality of food. I got the fajita enchiladas, steak was very chewy. Wife got fajitas, said the chicken was good, but same result with steak, was very chewy. Kids got cheese enchilada's and did not care for them or the beans. The only thing we did like was the queso, chips and salsa and the margaritas were great. We went on a Saturday when it was slow around 3pm, but they only had one guy serving and they were fairly busy and it took forever to get refills or any other service. Maybe I will give them a few months and try again, but for the price of the food, I would rather go somewhere else.

I'm beginning to wonder. When we first moved to this area, all we had was La Finca (the original) and Mexigo. Now we have Tex Mex everywhere.

We've been there 4 times, latest being last night. Excellent service every time. Like we do with all new restaurants, we each try something different each time the first few visits.

There are some items on their menu that I've never seen at any other Mexican food restaurant.

Everything we've ordered has also been excellent.

Highly recommended.

Unfortunately, it's probably going to have a difficult time making it, not because of service or food, but location. It can't be seen from either Alma or McDermott

and is buried back in the corner.

We liked it, but i always ask myself when i try a new place- What do they have that would make me return vs going to _________.  I feel like you can lump this place in with the other local places like Mesas, Papa Lopez, etc

Now they just opened another Tex Mex place across from it called AnaSofias. Not sure either will make it.

I know this sounds weird, but my wife and i were talking about how a place "too close" to our house is almost a negative because we want to get out and go out for the night to dinner we want to venture out away from our house. We don't eat out much so we would rather drive to shops at Legacy or Fairview or Frisco vs going somewhere half a mile from my house. I know that sounds odd.

Just tried the Anna's location in Colleyville.  Saw Chepa's mentioned on their menu (perhaps a family member??), so look forward to trying it.  If it's anywhere close to as good as Anna's, should be some of the best.  We shall see.

We love Chepa's!     Its our every Friday night go to restaurant.    We start getting ready about 10 am on Friday morning.    It's that good.

My favorites are the shrimp tacos, lettuce wrap tacos and chicken fajitas.    And the margaritas!   Oh my my.      Anyone who gives Chepa's a bad rating either doesn't drink or needs to chill.    Just sayin'.