Sign in to follow this  
Jackie0

Allen We Need You?

Hello fellow Allen/Collin County member, I have been contemplating adding to the local Allen business community. what we'd like to know is what kind of establishment is Allen longing for,

A 1: GOOD TACO SHOP?

2: A new DESSERT PLACE ( think more fresh rather than pastry)

3 A Texmex joint with flair?

Honest opinion, I have been to every small joint in town and I'm currently a super fan the the cute little restaurant named La Finca in downtown Allen, Small but mighty. I definitely feel the Collin community id the demographic we want to stay in. As a Allen resident what do you want in that place down the street with the lease sign on it?

Mexican restaurants in Allen are tough.  There are already so many choices, not to mention Rosa's which is pretty popular and Lupe Tortilla which is very popular in Houston are expected to be coming soon.  

A Taco shop would have to compete with Torchy's which is always tough.  Besides that it's really just Fuzzy's which I don't care for at all so maybe

Maybe a desert place that is moderately priced.  These places with $5 cupcakes (Bliss) and $25 pies (Buttermilk Sky & Tootie's) just don't cut it for a lot of people.

I'm not an investor, but if I was, I would look into a Collin Street Bakery (if it's even franchised).  Closest one is in Greenville.  I feel that place has the best of all worlds.  They serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, baked goods, etc.  

In the post directly below yours for the new Chepa's Mexican Grill, a member commented "Another TexMex joint? ".  I think that proves my point 

58 minutes ago, AA said:

In the post directly below yours for the new Chepa's Mexican Grill, a member commented "Another TexMex joint? ".  I think that proves my point 

:D

Strictly from a pricing perspective, is there enough room between Market Street's bakery and the Blisses and Buttermilks?  That would seem like an awfully small niche to try to operate in.  I've never been to a Collin Street Bakery, but they always seem busy when I've driven by one.

Personally, what I need is a place that I can go that specializes in meals with between 600 - 800 calories but that have significant enough volume so that I'm not still hungry when finished.

3 hours ago, martingermany said:

A good taco shop on the East side of town would be great. 

Right now we don't have many, period, and none of them are that good.

Off subject, but have you tried that place connected to the gas station at Main & Allen Heights?  Mr. Takito I think it was called.  That was pretty good 

20 hours ago, AA said:

Off subject, but have you tried that place connected to the gas station at Main & Allen Heights?  Mr. Takito I think it was called.  That was pretty good 

I've tried it once a few weeks after opened and it was ok, but nothing I would call great.

Better than the ones in the gas station at Bethany and Allen Heights though, which didn't impress me at all.

I have yet to try the gas station on Greenville and Main. Any idea how those are?

I've only had the breakfast burrito's/taco's from the Chevron at Main & Greenville.  It's one of my favorite breakfast places.  Love their Chorizo, and they are huge so one burrito fills you up

On 4/6/2018 at 11:23 AM, ConserveNature said:

No more Mexican, burger, chicken, or pizza joints.  Wish we had a Culver's (great cod and walleye when in season) since closest is in McKinney on Eldorado, or maybe nice Italian restaurant.

Italian Villa, Joe's, Mio Nonno, Spazo, Roman Cucina, Brio, Pane Vino, Olive Garden, Napoli's ... are none of these "nice"? I realize only some of these are on the east side, but there seems to be plenty already, IMO.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:48 AM, AA said:

I've only had the breakfast burrito's/taco's from the Chevron at Main & Greenville.  It's one of my favorite breakfast places.  Love their Chorizo, and they are huge so one burrito fills you up

Awesome way to support the little guy, So we are going more for the modern mom and pop shop of place. It's evident NO More Franchise and No More Texmex joints. 

I would love a great bbq place, but I really wish we could get a good old fashion ice cream/dessert type place, have it fixed up like the early days and have jukeboxes and old time feel inside and maybe even a drive-in style like Dairy"ette in Mesquite or Kellers.