YoungAlbert

Paula Dean Restaurant Fairview

After talking with several folks, we learned that the new Paula Dean restaurant refuses to allow customers to take the food they’ve purchased home with them. We are advance in our years and always count on taking food we purchase home for additional meals. Knowing the prices are excessive and they choose to waste food so openly is very sad on so many fronts. It’s this lack of core costomer values that will keep us and our universe of friends from visiting Paula Dean’s. While we hate to see restaurants in this center go out of business, when this happens it will clearly be their own un-doing. Why establishments choose self destructive strategies such as this is truly unfortunate.

The answer is it's an all you can eat restaurant, apparently. According to their website " Guests can help themselves to endless portions of delicious, Southern food as they pass dishes around with family and friends in a setting that feels just like your own home."

I don't know of any buffet type restaurants that allow doggy bags either.

Most family style restaurants are like that.  But what I don't like is when you can't even take home the leftovers from your initial serving.  Not being able to get seconds and then taking it home I understand, but if we still have half of our first serving then why can't we take that? 

Regardless, we didn't plan on going back anyway.  WAAAAY too expensive for mediocre food.  And the atmosphere was weird.  We'll stick to Babe's for family style where there is better food at half the cost

Similar situation as the OP. We are eating smaller portions in general and frequently get  to go containers when eating out.

Thanks for the info. Will pass on this restaurant.

Come on people,,,I think we all know why they dont allow that, because all people would have to do is order a whole batch of extra meats right before they leave, even after they are full, and take it hoke just to have extras. Babes Chicken House does the same thing, they will let you take your biscuits and meat left over, but not the sides, which are unlimited.