Sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I love Tin Star. I was there at lunch today and had their grilled steak soft taco which comes with rice and black beans. Very yummy! And, I like their salsa bar, especially the corn salsa.

When they first opened, the had the BEST spinach artichoke dip in the world. Then, they took it off the menu, but you could still order it. My daughter and I would go in at least once a week for that dip. Then, sadly, one day we went in and could no longer order it. Sure wish they would bring that back. Yes, I have told them, but they just say "corporate..."

I have had several other items from their menu, all very tasty. Today, their lunch special was fajitas with rice and beans for only $6.99. Now, where can you get fajitas for that price? Lots of people were in there ordering them.

Sorry you had an unpleasant experience. I love Tin Star. I was there at lunch today and had their grilled steak soft taco which comes with rice and black beans. Very yummy! And, I like their salsa bar, especially the corn salsa.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of our favorite places, but if you go to a place often enough there'll usually be a few misses.

My kids love the chicken tortilla soup and I love their salads and quesadillas.

Yes, I noticed the tortillas have gotten smaller. But, I'm one of those who dumps everything out and eats it with a fork and using the tortilla for pushing and eat it like bread.

Even if the tortilla is large, I don't like eating everything inside of it. It's always falling out and too messy.

But, their tortillas are good.

• 1 year later...

Just got back from lunch at Tin Star and it really seems to have gone down hill. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Tacos and my tortilla was of the store bought variety and quite chewy. I would have to say the same for the chicken in the tacos as well.

Also they no longer have IBC rootbeer on tap whcih is a shame.

Ate at one last week and have been since the 70's. For the money, I said, not a rip off as some places. I knew if i posted Poncho's there would be a negative response as usual.

As for lost creek dude, never had a problem. Guess your sensitive system can't handle it or it's not hip enough for you and your uptown taste.

I used to go there for their Fish Tacos but noticed the portion on the rice and black beans got smaller. Its like having enough for three small bites of rices and beans. Never went back again. I didnt want to spend for that price for that small portion of rice and beans.

Just got back from lunch at Tin Star and it really seems to have gone down hill. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Tacos and my tortilla was of the store bought variety and quite chewy.

Weird. I just ate there today and they were the fresh tortillas they've always had.

Ate at one last week and have been since the 70's. For the money, I said, not a rip off as some places. I knew if i posted Poncho's there would be a negative response as usual.

As for lost creek dude, never had a problem. Guess your sensitive system can't handle it or it's not hip enough for you and your uptown taste.

You keep your iron stomach and I'll hang onto my sense of humor.

Just got back from lunch at Tin Star and it really seems to have gone down hill. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Tacos and my tortilla was of the store bought variety and quite chewy.

Weird. I just ate there today and they were the fresh tortillas they've always had.

I wonder if I just got a couple of bad (over/under cooked) tortillas.

The first time we went, we thought "this is our new spot". The food was amazing. A few months later we went back and had the same dishes and it was horrible...oily food, undercooked, smaller portions. We have not been back. that was probably 6 months ago.

• 5 months later...