Twisted Root

My big gripe was the price. Holy $$$'s Batman! $8 per burger, $2 for fries, $2 for drink, you're talking $25 per couple. Not exactly in my target price for a lunch. Will probably go back, but definitely won't be a regular stop.

Holy cow! $12 for a burger, fries, and a drink. That's insane! I don't care how good it is. I don't think I will even set foot in there.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty certain that the VatF mix is not really targeting the price conscious crowd. There are plenty of lower priced options of pretty much everything the VatF has within close range. The good news is that there is an option for everyone, and yes, there are plenty of people in the area that are the right targets.

I checked it out today; my Yelp review is pending (I created the entry in Yelp and it takes a day or so to show up), but, in short, burger was very good. I knew from the past to order medium, and it was delivered that way. Was disappointed to find that the sweet potato chips come with cinnamon sugar already applied; a special order without would take a half hour to make.

My only other complaint, hardly worth dinging them for, is that they don't offer wifi. They said they're "considering it".

I liked the pumpkin spice root beer, but had to go for only a taste since there's no sugar free version.

Brad

Was there today also..whoohoo. Compared to Richardsons eatery, seems on par. Talked to the contractor while the place was being built and this place was designed for the oldies drive-in look.

Not sure why some are knocking the prices, seem in line with other with a bonus, they're great.

No complaints here - sorry Brad I forgot my communications to the world, I was there to eat.

Probably Paciugos WiFi reaching across the street.
I actually tried to leech off of that one, but the signal wasn't strong enough. :)

In the end, I tethered to my cell phone and was able to get everything done (this was a working lunch for me; it was either work at home and eat leftovers or get out and try something new, while working).

Brad

Went today and was quite pleased the the atmosphere and the food. However, while standing in line, I was taking in the different ways/names used to call out your orders. Amusing, certainly....until one was

'xxxx (I dont' remember the name), put your bong down. your food is ready'

My kids are 8 & 10 and would have a clue nor would they ask. Regardless, not appropriate IMHO. All said, we'll go back again.

Finally went to TR Saturday evening. Same good burgers as the other locations and they were very busy. But I really don't care for the atmosphere of this one. The 50's drive in thing just didn't work for me. Beer selection was more limited than the Richardson locale.

We tried to go Saturday as well, but they were too busy. I am glad for this because we want them to do well, but we had a friends 8 month old with us and the line was out the door with no seating available. This is a very good sign.

Did anyone else notice how packed the Villages were all weekend? Just another prime example of the Allen Event Centers impact on the surrounding businesses. However, after dinner at Glorias we went to Wylands for a drink. That must have been the only place in the shopping area that was dead. Even Baileys looked busy.

We had lunch (along with all the other people in that huge line) at Twisted Root on Saturday. I can't rate hamburgers because I don't eat them but my turkey burger was pretty good (not as good as the southwest turkey burger at Village Burger Bar though - my all time favorite turkey burger). The hamburger eaters in my family said their burgers were good but not the best (as a comparison both my son and husband think Scotty P burgers are the best in Allen).

And, then we were back at Guy Harveys that evening for a light meal so, yes, the Villages were very busy last weekend. They are going to need police out directing traffic through there during the holidays because cars couldn't get out onto Stacy Road near the Whole Foods area.

I agree with Big Daddy on this place. His knowlege of the deceptions of this place are true. Ask the girl there about the "chicken sandwich",she advised me not to order. She informed me that the chicken was precooked and basically just heated up on the grill! Saw the cooks with their spray bottles of water using them on the meat to grill. You want a great burger for a great price, go to Island Burger. Those guys make the patty's to order! Everything (burger 1/2 lb,side,drink)for the price of one "Twisted Wet Burger". Second choice would be Village Burger.

• 2 months later...

I went there Saturday with my wife and I won't be going back. Way over priced, for an undercooked tasteless hamburger. I received nine French fries as my side order and had to argue with the kid for a few more. They spent too much time concentrating on style and forgot about substance. Stick with What-A-Burger until In and Out opens.