Cane Rosso coming to VoF

I was at a wedding that had them cater. Amazing pizza even when they were cooking them in a mobile oven on wheels.

They need to advertise well at that location. Being in VoF is bad enough, but off the main drag and on an end is even harder. They have a following though so I'm sure they will do well

I have over 670 reviews on Yelp. I've used the word "amazing" to describe the taste of food in 2 (two) of those reviews. Cane Rosso is one of them.

This is a huge development. Hopefully they will thrive, even if the odds start off against them be being in VoF.

Trivia: The other restaurant that I used the word "amazing" with is Zoe's Kitchen, already located in VoF. I was describing the chocolate cake that they have, and if you haven't had it, it's... wait for it... amazing. :)

Brad

If a restaurant is compelling, it will thrive. Gloria's, Twisted Root and Zoe's are doing fine. The restaurants that failed, particularly Purple Cow and Cyclone Anaya's, had food and service problems that had nothing to do with location. They would have failed anywhere in Allen. Cane Rosso will be a success if they can duplicate their Deep Ellum experience.

All Purple Cows are closed now. However I found a story in the link provided that Purple Cow at Fairview business was up and down and management didn't know what to expect which lead to it's initial closing when the company was deciding which Purple Cows to close and which ones to stay open.

However it seemed to me that it was always busy especially during the summer months with families eating there and playing in the fountains and beach area but perhaps the winter months may have been rough on business for Purple Cow at VoF since you don't have warm whether to drive families to the fountains and beach area to provide residual business. I don't know just an uneducated guess on my behalf.

http://eatsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/purple-cows-only-remaining-d-fw-restaurant-is-now-closed.html/

On a non restaurant closing news, I've read that Coldwater Creek filed for bankruptcy so expect the Coldwater Creek store to close at VoF and thus another empty tenant spot.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure the Purple Cow closed because it was disgusting! Food on the floor everywhere, flies buzzing inside and outside, teenagers running the place, service was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! waited over an hour for food with 4 hungry kids who wanted to talk to the manager themselves. it was a joke. if it was run better i fully believe it would still be open. kid friendly restaurant, good location with water area is hard to come by.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We ate there last night - service was great, pizza was absolutely fantastic. The cesar salad was just okay - not wilted or anything, but nothing special. We had calimari as an appetizer and it was okay as well. Next time we go we will focus just on the pizza!

• 2 weeks later...

Ate there about two weekends ago. Good pizza!! Be sure to try some of their "off" menu items...Deserts included...

Pizza in Allen/McKinney has come long way! There are so many options that recently I had a Pizza Hut slice at some event, and I could barely keep down what was used to be considered good pizza when I was a kid.

Grimaldi's, Mia Nono, Cavali's, Durkin's, Palio's, etc...all are part of our rotation now...

• 2 weeks later...