Sign in to follow this  
XPSBAllen

What's wrong with the Allen Post Office?

I did send in an online form that allowed me to put in the package information and tracking number etc and what the issue was. The odds of me getting a response back are about as equal as getting a letter through the Allen PO to the PMG in DC. I'd say the odds of the manager of the APO actually giving a damn and doing something about the issue is probably worse.

With how pathetic the post office is run, I'd prefer if it just went away. They keep upping prices and lowering what was already bad service.

We just had a hand addressed letter that was supposed to go to the local Experian office. Probably someone trying to correct their credit report. It was from New York.

We apparently have the same street number, but clearly not the same street.

So contact with the 'supervisor' proved worthless, as expected. I wish they'd actually do away with this post office, it's run by a bunch of incompetents, seriously.

Our carrier is very good. Always around the same delivery time every day and will bring a package up to our door and sometimes along with our regular mail. Also have seen him making extra deliveries after that time. Hope he continues to be our carrier. If he is on vacation though the delivery can be a little sketchy....

And another package is missing that was to be delivered on Thursday. Didn't receive it yesterday or today, either someone is stealing packages at the post office, they're not delivering them and marking them delivered or they are delivering to the wrong address and whoever is getting them is keeping them and not doing the correct thing and giving them back to the carrier.

I've verified the mailing labels were correct on this one too, so that makes three packages in a month not delivered.

The mail service in our neighborhood is terrible. Packages that say they are delivered, but aren't received, people getting other people's mail, etc. There are a handful of things I know I should have received, but didn't...a Macy's card and a refund check from my Home Owners Insurance. My neighbor had mail from 4 or 5 houses in her box one day. One is missing a driver's license and one just received a piece of mail postmarked in late August. I have received bills after the due date. Who knows what is missing that we don't know about.

Just putting in my two cents worth....Have lived in Allen for 39 years and have rarely had issues with mail delivery. In Fountain Park Estates on the east side, we have uniformed mail carriers (at least, in USPS shirts, sometimes shorts, sometimes jeans). Packages are always tucked behind the porch arch as not to be seen from the street. I have a shipper that ships FedEx to USPS, so while FedEx shows delivery, it's to the USPS facility, and has a disclaimer to allow an additional 1-2 days for delivery to my home. I'm good with that.

So it's clearly not a city-wide issue, but neighborhood by neighborhood. Mine's doing good since I haven't had to give them a second thought until I saw all these posts!

We've had issues on and off for years but lately, we've not received three packages now in a one month span. We've also had the bills never show up or get a past due notice on a bill we never saw etc but that's been rare.

On numerous occasions we've gotten other peoples mail and have delivered it to them ourselves if it was a neighbor, we've never had that done for us even once.

Today, I received the same junk mail postcard for my house and 3 neighbor's houses.

The carrier at this house is nice, and he leaves packages tucked away on the porch. He rings the doorbell and knocks. However, when he was on vacation, I found two packages that had been tossed to a spot 5 feet in front of my porch.

But we're on a contractor route, not a USPS route. The mail comes late on Mondays, this week around 8pm, and then around 1:30-2ish the rest of the week. We're in Twin Creeks.

We used to live over by Joe Farmer, and had a contractor then too. They used to deliver a lot of our mail to the same house number, but one street over.

I find it funny that we get much better service from the Allen Post Office now that we moved out of Allen. We moved from a contractor serviced area of Allen to an actual USPS Carrier serviced area of Lucas. We seem to get mail much more consistently now and have not seemed to miss anything of note yet (knock on wood).

I cannot even begin to describe the incompetance that was the contractor service.

Another option--someone is taking items from you mailbox.

Could be but I'm doubtful of that. I've also been rather disgusted by the lack of care attitude exhibited by this post office. They really just don't care that you're not getting your mail.

Another option--someone is taking items from you mailbox.

This does happen, and some crooks when captured had a house full of other people's mail.

MO, Fountain Park may have good results but remember some of my earlier posts.....years ago when I was receiving mail for nine different Allen addresses, some of these were in FP. So I kinda sorta made sure they got delivered properly.

I try to redeliver the mail if it is near my home but I have received mail destined for the other side of Allen on more than one occasion somehow. Not the same family name or street name. Simply same number address.

I have had that happen too and I just write "delivered to the wrong address" and put the letter back in the mailbox. I would be surprised if it gets redelivered correctly though.

I've always wondered the same thing because I write the same thing on them. If it gets redelivered it makes them look bad. If they throw it away they break the law. I wonder if anyone has ever received a letter with that written on it. I know I never have but have received quite a few that were post marked a week or two earlier.

The Allen Post Office is getting even worse. On Monday, went to pick up mail that I had on hold for a week and start redelivery. The lady in front of me was doing the same thing.  Her clerk, an Asian man not in a regular uniform, got her mail and gave it to her with a smile.  The blonde-headed sour pus I dealt with told me I had to stand in line at the packages window.  I pointed out that the lady right before me in line had gotten her mail from the clerk next to her.  She just said "well, I'm not doing that today, you have to go to the other window!" So I had to go stand in line again at that window.  I told that guy to start redelivery of my mail. It's now Wednesday afternoon, my postman has already driven by and I've not gotten anything in my home mailbox.  I guess I'll have to drive up to the post office tomorrow to investigate why I'm not getting any mail.  Our post office is an embarrassment to our otherwise excellent city!! 

Early Saturday morning the mail truck came with lots of mail.  I laughed and said to my husband "that's probably yesterday's mail." That afternoon we had another mail delivery!

I went to the post office this morning to see why I have gotten no mail this week after requesting redelivery to start 7/28 (I saw the clerk write it on the yellow card even).  Yep, all my mail was still sitting there! I spoke with a supervisor (David) who apologized for the awful customer service and "miscommunication" over my redelivery order.  I told him our post office has a terrible reputation for stuff just like this. He said he is aware of the perception of the Allen post office and was working to change things.  I  won't hold my breath waiting for improvement though! 

I recently had to call the PO to see why my mail was not being forwarded after a move. This is the first time calling the Allen PO someone actually answered the phone! I have had to call in the past and it would just ring and ring with no answer. Hopefully the PO is turning over a new leaf.

After almost 30 years without problems I complained 2-3 times to the national USPS about receiving the wrong mail for about 2-4 weeks.  The reason I complained more than once is because it stopped for about a month and then started again and the lady asked to let her know if it continued.  If there are still problems, I'd go to national and complain about Allen's service.

During the time I received the wrong mail, the city's bill was three days late; it was pretty regular so I knew when to expect it and thought it was put in the wrong mail box.  This was the one time that the bill was late.  I do this for other bills if they are late but so far they are just sent later than normal.