Sign in to follow this  
Will

Reports of Armed Robbery in Twin Creeks

The following was circulated last night and appears to be confirmed by a number of neighbors in the area. Some reports indicated that this group also hit a home in Waterford Parks. Very scary stuff. We live in a very safe community and it is easy to let your guard down.

Urgent Allen residents!! Allen Police officer just came to my house to review security camera footage and said we have had a strong armed robbery on Rio Grande in Twin Creeks III. Three armed men came in thru a garage of someone's house and duct taped the entire family, robbed them at their house and left in what I understand is a black car. The call came into the APD at 7:45 pm. Please, please please, share so they can catch these thugs. Tell all of your family and friends what I tell my wife ***! Pull in the garage and keep your car doors locked while watching to make sure nobody sneaks in while you are not looking. Do not be texting or on phone distracting yourself from your surroundings and always wait until your garage door is completely closed to exit your vehicle. Keep all your doors locked even after you let your pets out and don't answer the door until you know who it is. I pray this poor family is okay and not harmed or distraught beyond belief. If you notice anyone or anything suspicious in the neighborhood call the APD right away.

Courtesy of Allen PD:

Allen Police Department Alert

Aggravated Robbery (home invasion) and Burgalry of Habitation

Last evening between 7:45 PM and 9:00 PM officers of the Allen Police Department responded to two home invasion style aggravated robberies. One was in the 1400 block of Rio Grande Drive and the other in the 300 block of Wrotham Lane.

Victims reported that three (3) heavy set male suspects wearing ski masks, gloves and long sleeve shirts, bound each victim with duct tape. The victims were held at gunpoint while the suspects searched the homes for jewelry, cash and other valuables. No one was injured during the robberies. The only suspect vehicle information is a black four door sedan and possibly a new black panel van that may have been with the sedan as well. Entry was made through an open garage door at the rear of one residence. And through forced entry of the front door at the other residence.

The Allen Police Department Criminal Investigation Division began its investigation last night and that investigation will continue today. Any person(s) that may have seen any suspicious circumstance regarding these incidents is asked to call the CID unit at 214-509-4329.

If any person(s) would like to remain anonymous they can text their tip to 847411 with keyword ALLENPD and their information. All information shared with TIP411 is anonymous.

If you see an occupied black sedan with or without a black panel van in your area please report it to Allen Police dispatch at 214-509-4321.

Please keep garage doors closed and all exterior entry doors locked for your safety.

More information will follow as this investigation continues.

Date: 12/07/2014

Time: 15:00 UTC

CONTACT

Sgt. Jon Felty

jfelty@cityofallen.org

214-509-4359 office

469-667-6153 cell

We received the police text as well. Very alarming. Great advice on trying to keep your home and family safe.I might add to bring your garage door openers in every time you exit a car that's parked out front or in your driveway. We've made that an important practice. I hope they find who did this!

The police have suggested keeping your home alarm activated during the day/evening while you are going about your daily activities inside your home.  The alarm would be deactivated only when you enter/exit your residence.  This may be extreme for many, but given the recent robberies, it may be a new habit we want to develop.

I know my wife has started this practice.  So far we haven't accidentally triggered the alarm. But then it's only been one day.  :)

I did a quick seach of a name that I saw as a person arrested.  If it's the same person, he's been arrested three times already since May 2013, and he's only 19.

Update:  I found a fourth arrest a little over two months ago.

I did a quick seach of a name that I saw as a person arrested.  If it's the same person, he's been arrested three times already since May 2013, and he's only 19.

Update:  I found a fourth arrest a little over two months ago.

Well,

He is a little overachiever in crime.

One of the articles indicated the robberies were targeting families of Indian backgrounds due to cultural and religious reasons for holding precious metals and gem in their homes.

Any confirmation on that from community members??

While we don't know exactly what these thugs were thinking, one Indian family we spoke to immediately suspected just that. Other immigrants (I think one family was Chinese) may have been targeted because of a belief that they keep a significant amount of cash at home.

There are reasons certain cultural groups are targeted, yes. But the two important things here to me are 1) they're being rounded up for their crimes 2) more reason to take precautions to save yourself from bad actors.

All 3 Allen victims were Indian and it was for jewelry.  My neighbor confirmed they caught 3 of the 4, got some of their jewelry back and waiting on Flower Mound Police to release the rest.