Sign in to follow this  
dkkpwhit

Who in the city do I complain to?

Recently, the city changed the left turn light at Rivercrest and Greenville to a turn on green arrow only.  While I whole heartedly support this change, it should only be a green arrow only during school hours and school days. I make this turn everyday (not during the "school rush hour") and everyday I decide this is the worst light in Allen!   I have looked everywhere I can think, but not sure who the appropriate person/department would be.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

I spoke with the City's traffic engineer about this signal. Every morning I take one of my kiddos to school around 6:15 and on returning home it has not been uncommon to sit for 3 or more cycles before the arrow turns green. There have been times that I have gone on the green light for the east/west bound traffic because the arrow does not turn green. The city's guy said the light was changed because of the high schoolers and the many accidents and near accidents at the intersection. That I can understand, but couldn't the light be timed to do that at specific times during the day?

My other complaint is the southbound right hand lane of Greenville turning onto west Exchange should be right turn only, at a minimum during school commute times.

Agree with the above, Engineering & Traffic is probably the best bet.  I don't know, but it seems its an act of congress to get some of those signals changed.  When you have bureaucracy, who needs logic!? Haha! Seriously, though, if you stay up late enough, you'll see most of the lights in the city go from green-yellow-red cycles to a flashing red or flashing yellow light at a certain time of night (I believe midnight). So our traffic system should, theoretically, be sophisticated enough to add an additional time-specific traffic pattern, right?

Engineering & Traffic
Staff Directory
1st Floor, Allen City Hall
305 Century Parkway
Allen, Texas 75013

Phone: 214.509.4576
Fax: 214.509.4590

Hours:
Mon - Fri - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sat and Sun Closed

Thank you for the responses.  I'll try that.  I agree that they should be able to change the timing of the light.  I understand they changed the light for "school rush hour" and agree something needed to be done for that.  But they definitely don't need it during off school times, breaks, summer, etc.  Maybe if enough people complain we can get it changed.  ;)

'My other complaint is the southbound right hand lane of Greenville turning onto west Exchange should be right turn only, at a minimum during school commute times.'

I've spoke to the city many times regarding the need for a right turn only lane @ SB Greenville/Exchange. Their explanation was along the lines of...It's maintained by TxDOT as it's a hwy. We're waiting for the land on the corner to get developed, at that point look at the traffic flow & what needs to be done...

VERY frustrating as most folks a turning right, especially in the morning & after St Jude's lets out on the weekend. Plenty of time for the ones going straight to be in the middle lane then change after they have passed through the light. No business to turn into until after the stadium.